Mission: To empower children and youth and give them the opportunity to learn and play an important role in community engagement, advocacy and social work projects.
Who We Are:
We are your sons, daughters, neighbors and youth leaders in training. We are the unheard voices that are often overlooked by our governmental and policymakers when laws are passed concerning youth in Baltimore and the State of Maryland. We are the eyes of the present and the future. The core values that are emphasized are:
- Personal Awareness
- Personal Improvement
- School Improvement
- Club Involvement
- Service to Others
- Learning/Discovering New Things
- Youth advocacy
The Youth will also learn:
- How to set goals
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses
- Enhance their skills
- Reinforce their progresses
- Recognize their successes
Goals and Objectives:
- To establish and maintain a youth club that constantly builds youth capacity to participate in community-based activities
- To engage in educational activities that will enable them to define what social and health disparities are in their communities and look for ways to address them through community-engaging activities or service. By doing this, the youth will learn the following:
- To support youth as leaders who will work with the social disparities and promote social justice in their communities.
- Encourage youth to support the club and become a positive influence in their communities
- To develop a positive self-image
- Respect themselves and others
- To create and sustain meaningful relationships with others
- To create a communication system where they can communicate with other youth and motivate them to become active participants in their communities.
a. The Spontaneous Youth Club will participate in local community projects and share with their peers using the latest social networking tools in order to keep them abreast of activities, forums, or concerns of the youth population in East Baltimore.
- To expose to a variety of career pathways by connecting them to local, state, private and corporate mentors and professional for mentoring and support as they learn about careers in health, business, child care, public health, community organizing, etc.
5. Develop a local, state and national platform for youth to advocate for children, adolescents and young adult health and social issues.
- They will learn a working definition and understanding of policy and advocacy
- They will advocate locally and nationally around issues important to youth
- They will learn how to identify public health policy issues that deal with youth health and well-being
- We will establish and sustain an advisory committee of adult mentors and partnerships with organizations to provide guidance and support for the youth club
- Establish and provide leadership opportunities which focus but are not limited to the democratic decision-making process, advocacy and how they relate to positive outcomes for youth and their families.
- Collaborate with partnering organizations to create work groups to develop sustainable plans for the youth club.
- To provide guidance and leadership to youth leaders as they develop and implement plans for upcoming year.
If you would like to be a volunteer for the #Spontaneous Youth Club, please fill out the Volunteer Application, below and email it back to us at the firstname.lastname@example.org
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’#Spontaneous Youth’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Volunteer Opportunities’ type=’select’ options=’Field Trips,Youth Forums,Youth Town Hall Meetings,Youth Activities,Meal Preparations,Arts and Crafts,Movie Night,Chaperons for Outings,Event Organizers,Sponsor for Activity,Camping and Hiking Trips’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]